Seventh-grader Noah Erwin can often be spotted behind a camera, filming chapel services, performing arts events, football games, and other campus activities. Noah’s love of photography and videography began several years ago when he picked up his mom’s DSLR camera. After expressing his interest in film to Mr. Stephens and Mr. Basuto, who was his middle school visual arts teacher in sixth grade, Noah became involved with the MV Arts Program.
Noah is most proud of filming The Return to the Forbidden Planet in the spring of 2021. He loves to work on short films and really enjoyed the 2021 72-hour Film Festival. He spent summer break attending drama and film bootcamps, and his favorite things about film are the friendships he has made, learning how to film live sports, and getting to use professional equipment. As the only middle school student in the upper school Film Club, he helped promote the club and recruit more students.
Noah would like to give a special thank you shout out to Mr. Basulto, Mr. Andres, Mr. Stephens, and Mr. Neylon for their guidance and support. He hopes to pursue a career in film one day.
Five fun facts about Noah:
- Noah loves to rock climb. His favorite climbing documentary is Free Solo.
- Power tools are some of Noah’s favorite things. He built his mom a shelf for exercise equipment from a pallet he broke apart, sanded, and stained.
- Noah writes and produces digital music at Meta Music in Sandy Springs.
- You’ll find Noah out riding his mountain bike after school and on the weekends. He participated on a mountain bike racing team this year.
- Noah enjoys helping others and volunteers regularly at MV and in the community with Second Helpings Atlanta.